SEO services for businesses in the UK
Let’s face it, the days of people scouring through the phone book and their local paper for products or services are fast fading. No matter if your business trades locally, nationally or globally, having an effective website with high ranking pages is probably more important than any other element of your marketing efforts – That’s why you need an Internet Marketing Consultant to help with your SEO.
If you ignore the benefits of increasing your website ranking, you are probably resigning your business to long-term failure – it really is as important as that. Even in a recession, by harnessing the power of online marketing and SEO your business can flourish. So you can read on or click the ‘back’ button on your browser; success or failure – it’s your choice.
Why is search engine optimisation important?
As we all know, very few people search beyond the first page of any search results so unless you’re on the first page, you’re not likely to receive many visitors to your website. Being on the first page of Google, Yahoo, Bing and the other major search engines is like having your business located in the busiest High Street in the country. However, competition amongst website owners is fierce for those coveted top positions so having a good SEO campaign is crucial.
Why trust Avara Web Media with your SEO?
- We’re ethical – we take a very holistic approach to SEO and our techniques are constantly being updated to ensure we don’t get your website into trouble with the search engines .
- We get results – we’re not interested in dazzling you with data. We appreciate you’re only interested in one thing and that’s securing more customers for your business.
- We’re affordable – we won’t ask you to sign any lengthy contracts or drip-feed our projects to make them last longer than necessary. We believe in giving a real return on your investment.
- We give you real service – we’re based in the UK and you can pick up the phone and talk to somebody who actually wants to help you. Our aim is to form a long-term relationship with you.
How does SEO work?
SEO is the initial and ongoing process of refining your website so it achieves a higher ranking in the search engines, thus increasing the volume of visitors.
By using tried-and-tested SEO techniques we aim to fine tune your website to achieve the best possible search engine ranking.
All SEO campaigns have three key elements:
- Key phrase analysis – arguably the most important element of any SEO campaign. We will identify search key phrases that are actually being searched for by your potential customers, some of which are less than obvious. All of the key phrases we select must have a reasonable level of traffic and an acceptable level of competition.
- On-page optimisation – we conduct a thorough SEO appraisal of the pages that make up your website. There are literally scores of factors on any web page that determine how search engines interpret the page and decide how relevant it is to the searchers query. We will check and improve on all of these factors.
- Off-page optimisation – You may have already heard that search engines tend to rank pages by the volume and quality of links to a specific page. Each time somebody links to your website, search engines consider it a ‘vote’ for your site. The more ‘votes’ your site has, the greater credibility it has with the search engines.
Every position counts
Let’s imagine your company sells Blue Widgets for £10.00 each and every months in Google, 1,000 people search for ‘Blue Widgets’. The following table demonstrates the difference in potential revenue that each of the positions on page one of Google represents.
|POSITION||% FIRST CLICK||ACTUAL VISITORS||POTENTIAL REVENUE|
As you can see from the above table, even for a modest search with a low-priced product, the difference between just a few places in the rankings equates to hundreds of pounds in potential revenue. Now imagine if this data were for a search phrase that received many thousands of searches every month, or for a product that was worth hundreds or thousands of pounds – can you now see the potential of effective SEO?