For many businesses, taking control of your Internet marketing can be a daunting prospect. You know that proper Internet marketing will help you gain more business but how do you get started?
The most-common solution is to employ dedicated staff to deal with your day-to-day marketing needs but is that the best solution? We believe that there is a better way for companies to address their Internet marketing needs and the following information will hopefully provide you with a viable alternative with our Internet Marketing Consultancy Service.
The Disadvantages of Employing Internet Marketing Staff
Whilst initially it might seem an obvious decision to hire somebody to look after your Internet marketing, there are several disadvantages:
- Commitment – Hiring staff is a long-term commitment and a potential liability. No amount of interviewing or reference checking can tell you with absolute certainty if your new employee will become an asset to your business. For the first few months, new employees tend to be a drain on resources whilst they ‘learn the ropes’, by which point you’ve already spent several thousands of pounds on salary with no guarantee you’ll recoup that investment.
- Cost – Beyond their salary, a new employee attracts a raft of other secondary costs such as National Health contributions (over £2,500 p.a. on a typical salary), holiday pay, sick pay, maternity leave, training costs and so on. On average, a new member of staff employed to enhance your Internet marketing will have to generate over £3,400 of new revenue every month just to cover their own costs.
- Skills – Internet marketing covers a wide spectrum of different skill sets. You might employ a social media specialist but how will that help your company’s SEO strategy? You might employ a content marketing expert but will they be able to help you add new functions to your company website? The reality is that many people tend to specialise is a particular sector of Internet marketing so to cover your company’s basic requirements will require a small team of specialists.
- Experience – With the Internet being a comparatively new medium, your pool of potential employees will almost certainly be limited to new graduates and those in the 22-27 age group. Whilst the enthusiasm of youth is always welcome, many of your job candidates will lack real experience of working in a commercial environment or be naive regarding the bigger picture of business operation. As Einstein said, ‘The only source of knowledge is experience.’
The Alternative to Employing Staff: Hiring Consultants
If you’re now less-than-convinced that hiring staff is the best way to develop your company’s Internet marketing then we have a possible solution for you – our Internet Marketing Consultancy Service.
Beyond just avoiding the issues of hiring staff as outlined above, there are a number of other benefits to hiring a Marketing Consultant to manage your company’s Internet marketing:
- Complete Flexibility – We can help you on a per-project basis or for ongoing support, on a monthly retainer. This means you can use our services as little or as much as your company needs, and whenever you need it.
- Measurable ROI – We appreciate that for most businesses, the only relevant metric in marketing is the return on your spend. With our consultancy service, we benchmark all of our projects and support to ensure you understand the value of our input.
- Comparatively Less Expensive – As we identified above, any member of your sales or marketing team will need to generate thousands of pounds in revenue for your company simply to break-even. With our consulting service, every penny you spend with us is an investment in your marketing and not being used to pay for staff holidays or National Insurance contributions.
What Areas of Your Internet Marketing Can We Consult On?
The real beauty of our Internet Marketing Consultancy Service is that you can cherry-pick the precise skills you need for any given project. What’s more, we’ll help you identify where your current strengths and weaknesses are. Unlike a typical employee, we’re able to take a more holistic view of your entire Internet marketing strategy which can really help you target areas that are likely to bring the best return.
The most common contract services are typically in the following areas…
The life-blood of every business is new customers and we can help you to secure more customers through our lead generation consultancy service. The reason why this service is so popular is it’s easy for clients to understand the value of our help. If we can help a business generate income significantly greater than the cost of our service, it’s really a simple decision to make.
Website Design & Development
Gone are the days where a business website can be a ‘set & forget’ project. Constant testing and improvement is needed to ensure your website is reaching it’s full potential from a usability and conversion perspective – More info on website design & development
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Services
Search engine optimisation (SEO) is a complex but fundamental aspect of your online marketing. The potential for increasing your turnover is considerable if the right analysis and strategies are applied so this is an area where experience and expertise is essential.
Weak branding and an overall lack of strategy in developing a brand is a common problem for many businesses. However, creating and building a strong brand needn’t become an expensive mistake if properly managed from the beginning.
Social Media Marketing
Social media websites such as Facebook and Twitter have become entrenched in our everyday lives so regardless if you sell products or services, you need an effective strategy to engage with your customers on these platforms.
Content Marketing Services
Content marketing is a strategy that every company should be employing. As people rely on the web more and more for information, providing your prospective customers with relevant content will help convert them into paying customers.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Internet Marketing Consultant?
Like any form of marketing, you shouldn’t be thinking about how much it costs but what return you’re likely to achieve on your investment. If we could help you double, triple or even quadruple your sales, what would that service be worth to you?
Furthermore, every business has different needs and different aspirations. A sole trader looking to get a few more new customers each month is going to require a lot less support than a large business looking to dominate their market. Obviously the cost of our service is based upon the amount of time we dedicate to each client so hopefully you can see how providing a ‘one size fits all’ pricing structure is near-impossible.
What you SHOULD keep in mind is that no matter how big or small your business is, and no matter how much support you need, we always endeavour to provide an unparalleled return on your investment.
Getting Started with Our Consulting Service
If the idea of using our Consultancy Service for you Internet marketing is now worth consideration, we’d urge you to get in touch with us before you look at recruiting permanent staff. In many cases, we can provide a more cost-effective, measurable solution to the your online marketing needs without all the complications of hiring staff.
We’re more than happy to pay to a visit to discuss your specific requirements and provide a quote for our services, without obligation. We already work with a number of businesses who have been delighted with the both the results we achieve and the flexibility we deliver.